I shouldn’t necessarily title this post my favorite “fall” lip colors because truth be told I wear these colors year round, but I find myself grabbing these shades more frequently during the fall than in the spring/summer. These six lip products are my favorite products based on the color and the consistency/feel of the product. Keep reading for a more in depth review of each!
1. Chanel Rouge Allure in 99 Pirate– $34- If you read my last post you’d know that I picked this up less than a week ago, but I can already tell it will be my go to classic red lip color all year round. It has slight blue undertones but I feel like it balances with my skin tone very nicely. The consistency of the Rouge Allure has to be my favorite amongst the Chanel lip products because they just glide on soooooo well. The wear time is 3-4 hours and I have to reapply if it’s going to be a long night. I would definitely love to pick up a few more colors in this line
2. Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart- $7- I’ve had this lipstick for almost 2 years now (is that gross?) and I am SOOO close to finishing it. I picked up Sweet Tart, Cherry Tart, and Cotton Candy when they first came out and recently picked up Peach Parfait (swatches and a better review here). I love the consistency of these because they are very moisturizing like a lip balm but personally love Sweet Tart on my lips because although it looks very bright and fuschia in the tube, it comes out as a flirty pink on my pigmented lips. I also appreciate the fact that this color doesn’t have sparkle chunks in it like Peach Parfait and Cotton Candy do.
3. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Canotier-$34- I wasn’t a big fan of the Coco Shine line because they seemed too sheer to see the color on my lips. I had Aventure and although it was a gorgeous nude baby pink color, I felt that I could find a similar shade from the drugstore. In the tube Canotier looks like its just a tube of wax with sparkles thrown in, but on my lips the barely there nude look is amazing. I still haven’t found my perfect drugstore nude lip color so if you guys have recommendations I would love to know!
4. Covergirl Lip Perfection in Fairytale– $7- One of my go-to lip colors for a night out. This color is so versatile and looks great on me with with a meidum skin tone to all of my girlfriends who range from pale to even paler. I feel like this product hasn’t gotten as much love as it should have deserved when it was first released because the formula is just amazing. It’s definitely waxier but still moisturizing and stays on your lips the ENTIRE night and requires a make up wipe to take it off. It was one of my favorite summer colors but I definitely see myself carrying this over to fall. Check out makeupandbeauty.com’s photos for a better review.
5. Revlon Super Lustrous in Coralberry– $7- Another summer color I’m bringing over to fall because this coral is more red than orange which I prefer. Revlon has to be one of my favorite drugstore companies for lip products. This line in particular is my favorite because they carry more mature, less-sparkly, creamier colors. I cannot wait for the 6 new throwback shades to come out. I definitely am drawn to Snow Peach and Jungle Peach.
6. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain in Crush- $7- A clear cut fall color, I used to stay away from purpley mauve colors because I thought it was too mature. This lip stain is the perfect medium for a mauve because it isn’t as intense as a lipstick. I personally love this lip stain and also have Honey, Precious, and Sweetheart. The waxy formula keeps your lips moisturized and the color stays on for a couple of hours.
Thanks for reading! I’d love to know some of your fall go to lip products. Leave a comment below!